Welcome to the homepage of
- June 4, 2018. The paper Improving the evaluation of worldwide biomedical research output: Classification method and standardised bibliometric indicators by disease by Lissy van de Laar, Thijs de Kruif, Ludo Waltman, Ingeborg Meijer, Anshu Gupta, and Niels Hagenaars has been published in volume 8 of BMJ Open.
- April 27, 2018. VOSviewer version 1.6.8 has been released and is available at www.vosviewer.com.
- March 6, 2018. The paper The closer the better: Similarity of publication pairs at different co-citation levels by Giovanni Colavizza, Kevin Boyack, Nees Jan van Eck, and Ludo Waltman has been published in volume 69, issue 4 of the Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology.
- March 1, 2018. The paper Science of science by Santo Fortunato et al. has been published in volume 359 of Science.
- February 16, 2018. VOSviewer version 1.6.7 has been released and is available at www.vosviewer.com. More information is available here.
- December 5, 2017. If you want to support open citations, then please consider signing this letter.
- December 1, 2017. The paper Characterizing in-text citations in scientific articles: A large-scale analysis by Kevin Boyack, Nees Jan van Eck, Giovanni Colavizza, and Ludo Waltman has been published in volume 12, issue 1 of the Journal of Informetrics.
Older news is available here.
I am doing research in the field of quantitative science studies, also known as scientometrics. My research focuses on two topics in particular:
I am deputy director of CWTS. I am also leading the Quantitative Science Studies research group at CWTS.
I am Editor-in-Chief of Journal of Informetrics.
A list of my publications is available here.