Welcome to the homepage of
- February 16, 2018. VOSviewer version 1.6.7 has been released and is available at www.vosviewer.com. More information is available here.
- December 5, 2017. If you want to support open citations, then please consider signing this letter.
- December 1, 2017. The paper Characterizing in-text citations in scientific articles: A large-scale analysis by Kevin Boyack, Nees Jan van Eck, Giovanni Colavizza, and Ludo Waltman has been published in volume 12, issue 1 of the Journal of Informetrics.
- October 23, 2017. VOSviewer version 1.6.6 has been released and is available at www.vosviewer.com. More information is available here.
- October 8, 2017. The paper The closer the better: Similarity of publication pairs at different co-citation levels by Giovanni Colavizza, Kevin Boyack, Nees Jan van Eck, and Ludo Waltman has been accepted for publication in the Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology.
- September 12, 2017. The special section Performance-based research funding systems has been published in volume 11, issue 3 of the Journal of Informetrics.
- May 25, 2017. The correspondence Impact factors: Is the Nature Index at odds with DORA? by Ludo Waltman and Vincent Traag has been published in volume 545 of Nature.
- April 24, 2017. The paper Citation-based clustering of publications using CitNetExplorer and VOSviewer by Nees Jan van Eck and Ludo Waltman has been published in volume 111, issue 2 of Scientometrics.
Older news is available here.
I am doing research in the field of quantitative science studies, also known as scientometrics. My research focuses on two topics in particular:
I am deputy director of CWTS. I am also leading the Quantitative Science Studies research group at CWTS.
I am Editor-in-Chief of Journal of Informetrics.
In many research projects I am working closely together with Nees Jan van Eck.
A list of my publications is available here.