Welcome to the homepage of
- January 29, 2019. The paper A multidimensional perspective on the citation impact of scientific publications by Yi Bu, Ludo Waltman, and Yong Huang has been published in the arXiv.
- January 23, 2019. The paper A principled methodology for comparing relatedness measures for clustering publications by Ludo Waltman, Kevin Boyack, Giovanni Colavizza, and Nees Jan van Eck has been published in the arXiv.
- January 14, 2019. Editorial board of Journal of Informetrics resigns and launches new journal. More information is available here.
- January 10, 2019. VOSviewer version 1.6.10 has been released and is available for download. More information is available in a blog post.
- December 21, 2018. The paper Intermediacy of publications by Lovro Subelj, Ludo Waltman, Vincent Traag, and Nees Jan van Eck has been published in the arXiv.
- December 19, 2018. On April 15-19, 2019, CWTS will organize the CWTS Scientometrics Spring School at Zhejiang University in China.
- December 19, 2018. On April 1-3, 2019, CWTS will organize the first edition of the course Responsible Metrics for Research Evaluation.
- November 23, 2018. The slides of my keynote lecture Scientific information retrieval: Challenges and opportunities at the 17th Dutch-Belgian Information Retrieval Workshop (DIR2018) are available here.
- October 22, 2018. The paper From Louvain to Leiden: Guaranteeing well-connected communities by Vincent Traag, Ludo Waltman, and Nees Jan van Eck has been published in the arXiv. The paper is also discussed in a blog post. The source code of the Leiden algorithm is available on GitHub.
I am professor of Quantitative Science Studies at CWTS. The work of my research group is organized in the following research lines:
- Bibliometric data sources
- Contextualized scientometrics
- Modeling the research system
- Scientometric tools
I am also Deputy Director of CWTS, coordinator of the CWTS Leiden Ranking, co-developer of the VOSviewer software for scientometric visualization, and Editor-in-Chief of Journal of Informetrics.
A list of my publications is available here.