Welcome to the homepage of
- November 23, 2018. The slides of my keynote lecture Scientific information retrieval: Challenges and opportunities at the 17th Dutch-Belgian Information Retrieval Workshop (DIR2018) are available here.
- October 22, 2018. The paper From Louvain to Leiden: Guaranteeing well-connected communities by Vincent Traag, Ludo Waltman, and Nees Jan van Eck has been published in the arXiv. The paper is also discussed in a blog post. The source code of the Leiden algorithm is available on GitHub.
- August 29, 2018. VOSviewer version 1.6.9 has been released and is available for download. More information is available in a blog post.
- August 13, 2018. The paper Systematic analysis of agreement between metrics and peer review in the UK REF by Vincent Traag and Ludo Waltman has been published in the arXiv. The paper is also discussed in a blog post.
- June 4, 2018. The paper Improving the evaluation of worldwide biomedical research output: Classification method and standardised bibliometric indicators by disease by Lissy van de Laar, Thijs de Kruif, Ludo Waltman, Ingeborg Meijer, Anshu Gupta, and Niels Hagenaars has been published in BMJ Open. Read the paper.
- April 27, 2018. VOSviewer version 1.6.8 has been released and is available for download.
- April 12, 2018. The paper Analyzing the activities of visitors of the Leiden Ranking website by Nees Jan van Eck and Ludo Waltman has been published in the arXiv. The paper is also discussed in a blog post.
- March 29, 2018. The blog post Responsible metrics: One size doesn't fit all has been published on the CWTS blog.
- March 6, 2018. The paper The closer the better: Similarity of publication pairs at different co-citation levels by Giovanni Colavizza, Kevin Boyack, Nees Jan van Eck, and Ludo Waltman has been published in the Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology. Read the paper on the journal website or in the arXiv.
- March 1, 2018. The review article Science of science by Santo Fortunato et al. has been published in Science. Read the article.
- February 16, 2018. VOSviewer version 1.6.7 has been released and is available for download. More information is available in a blog post.
- January 17, 2018. The blog post Crossref as a new source of citation data: A comparison with Web of Science and Scopus has been published on the CWTS blog.
- December 5, 2017. If you want to support open citations, please consider signing this letter.
I am professor of Quantitative Science Studies at CWTS. The work of my research group is organized in the following research lines:
- Bibliometric data sources
- Contextualized scientometrics
- Modeling the research system
- Scientometric tools
I am also Deputy Director of CWTS, coordinator of the CWTS Leiden Ranking, co-developer of the VOSviewer software for scientometric visualization, and Editor-in-Chief of Journal of Informetrics.
A list of my publications is available here.